Thursday 28 April 2011

5.) How did you attract/ address your audience?

My storyline however isnt different from most horror movies where a psychotic killer murders teens/ young adults and also the possibility of a twist at the end. A prime example of this would be the movie, "Demons Never Die", I have seen this movie and even the trailer is misleading and disceptive and therefore in my opinion makes the movie much more interesting...



This movie inparticular is similiar to my media product due to the masked killer and the young teen victims but as mentioned before the twist at the end is very different. I used young actors for my movie firstly because it was more accessible and easier to organise and also they can interact and relate to the movie as they go through similiar circumstances in terms of relationships and emotions as any teenager does, and movies like "Demons Never Die" and my media product prey on those emotions are therefore gives off more of an impact on the audience.

Different camera angles enabled me to give the characters a different position and stance in a prticular scene. For example when the teenage girl is on the floor, the camera faces up towards the killer which implies that the killer is in more of a dominant position and also gives the effect that the audience are looking through the eyes of the victim and again this is another method to make the audience more involved with the film.

I did not use much sound in my film, I chose two song which contribute greatly to the mise en scene of the film and I used sound effects for the two gun shots within the movie. There was no ambience sound as I thought it would not suit the theme of the movie and would distract people from the music which should trigger the suspense for the audience. Also, with the location of the movie (in a wood) the sounds were not adequate enough and again would in my opinion ruin the tension building. However, the wood is a typical convention of horror movies as it seems to be very dark and mysterious and it seemed a great place to film my video as there were many places to hide the killer and make the victim wander what is actually out there?

The editing was mainly in a linear fashion but was broken up by scenes of blood dripping into the sink. The editing was not particulary done at a fast pace because the music and mise en scene of the movie did not fit with quicky style editing, so I thought it would be more appropiate for longer and more durable clips.

No comments:

Post a Comment